Assessment & Moderation
If you are a registered assessor, log in here.
Interested in becoming an assessor? Find out more here.
We are committed to ensuring that all of our trainees receive high quality training and are assessed fairly and consistently against national standards. We do this by:
- Developing assessment resources for Connexis managed unit standards
- Having a robust registration process for our assessors
- Pre-assessment moderation of assessment material for Connexis resources and our training providers that deliver our qualifications
- Following best practice for moderation
- Providing professional development and support for our moderators and assessors.
An assessor makes a judgment on the skills and knowledge of an individual as to whether they meet the required competencies (unit standards). Some companies have their own in-house assessors, while others use assessors outside their companies.
Registered assessors have industry experience and extensive technical knowledge and skills. All workplace assessors will hold unit standard 4098: Use standards to assess candidate performance or have demonstrated equivalent knowledge and skills.
To ensure all registered assessors have sufficient knowledge and skills, assessors are provided with an assessment scope. This scope reflects the experience and qualifications the assessor currently holds and determines what unit standards they may assess.